• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Feeling A Little... Idk

Was diagnosed after pretty much escaping from a 3 year relationship. I'm slowly feeling like i have no way out of depression. Ive disclosed to friends and family... Many have decided to stop communicating with me. I've tried dating again but three times disclosing has blown up in my face. Horribly. I have HSV2. I shared a cheesecake with separate forks.. Smh few days after i told him my situation. He told me i was disgusting... And that i gave him something. I tried to explain that it didn't work that way. Two weeks ago.. I was asked out and he knew my situation. I was like whaaaaat.. I was so excited. But by the end of the date i felt all he wanted was sex. He actually told me to my face " I mean you got herpes your a girl and your blk.. You gotra get what you can and not want too much " Im just like why. I want eventually a connection.. Love friendship a family... But im starting to feel because i have this... Maybe i am wanting too much.

How does one find self worth after the diagnosis

Ugh. So sorry to hear all of this! Don’t listen to that guy, you don’t have to lower your standards because you have H. Keep your standards high! He sounds like a racist anyway, so good riddance! People’s reactions have nothing to do with you as a person, and anyone who uses it as an opportunity to be unkind- you wouldn’t want to be with that type of person anyway. Seriously, H will help weed out the jerks. And don’t let anyone use H or anything else as a reason not to give you what you want in a relationship, either. It might take a little time to find someone worth being with, but try to be patient. I know everything seems impossible right now, but give it time. There are decent people out there who will accept this.

Hey I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time. I've been there, I know how it feels being rejected after disclosing, and wanting that partnership/connection with someone. At this point in my life, I'm still hoping that I will meet this person who will love me and accept me for who I am, herpes and all. However, I'm also conscious that sometimes I don't feel like I'm worth much and my self esteem can be non existent. And it's not okay for me to feel like this. So I have been concentrating on myself, by working out, eating healthy, meditating, spending time with my girlfriends, etc. I have tried to step outside my comfort zone by buying a ticket to a concert by myself because none of my friends like the band and I have registered to do volunteer work with young people who are homeless/ substance abusers. These are all fairly recent changes but what I'm hoping to gain is to feel like I have a fulfilling and rewarding life. And if I happen to meet my future partner then great, but if not then my life is not over and I can still be happy.

I'm telling you all this because I want you to know that there are people around the world who have been through or going through the same emotions. That sadness, depression and anxiety can be overwhelming and it can seem like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. But I want you to know that there is hope, you will feel happy again, and your worth is not dependent on what others think or if you have a partner. I'm not going to lie, it is hard work to change your thinking, to turn the negative to positive. I have my bad days just like everyone. But take it one day at a time, really work on yourself and what you like doing, cut out the toxic people in your life. You can always vent on this forum and feel free to message me if you need someone who understands. Best of luck!