• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Friends after rejection? Stories please:)

Hi all- I was casually dating a boy for about 4 months- we never ended up sleeping together but when it got close, I disclosed to him that I have genital hsv1, so we ended up not sleeping together that night. After a couple weeks of him thinking, he told me he was leaning more towards just friendship, and that he understood this was a selfish choice, and that he was sorry, understood if I didn't want to talk to him for a bit, but still wanted to continue to hang out and do things together.

This was my first time disclosing to anyone, so even though I wished it would have gone differently, I still understand his choice and am not really that mad about it. Just a little ego wounded. I didn't bother arguing with him because I feel like once someone makes up that mind with their health, it's a done deal.

But the thing is, I miss the friendship we developed. My pride tells me to move on and forget the jerk. But at the same time I don't really want to loose that aspect of the relationship.

It's been a week and a half since that conversation and neither of us has contacted each other, I think he's leaving the ball in my court. But I dont know how to go about it.

Have you ever continued to be friends with someone post rejection? Should I just leave it be? Any stories or advice would be great<3

One thing I would say is, he feel bad that he’s rejecting you, the stigma and the thought of him possibly catching it is more strong than pursuing you, he probaly her cold sores already he should get a test don’t and if he carry it then it’s nlthing To transmit , I wouldn’t him a jerk but I would tell him he’s gonna run into to it again sooner or later and that’s promised