• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Getting my doctor’s opinion on this

Today I went for my follow up appointment since the diagnosis day. It’s strange that they don’t tell you much about this disease. I had to pull the info out of her by my many questions. Before asking them I basically was told this is a common std and that I probably carried the virus around for many years not knowing. The reason I had an outbreak now is because my immunity must have been down. She thought it would be a good idea to have all the std tests done and I agreed. But that was pretty much what she offered. I had to ask about what I should expect and what to do. So basically she doesn’t think I’ll have frequent outbreaks and only recommends I take the medication when I feel the prodromal symptoms. She told me to use condoms with future encounters and basically that’s all I needed to do besides stay healthy. I told her I heard I am always contagious but she said that is true but not likely. She said to just avoid sex when having prodromal symptoms and outbreaks and use a condom. I asked about taking Lysine and she said sure can’t hurt any. I asked if I should disclose to future boyfriends if we are intimate and she said that would be the responsible thing to do. I just feel like I would still be clueless if I had not the research myself. I feel like this is an area that everyone could use a little education on.

-Thanks for letting me vent.