• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I’m doing everything right but it’s not helping!!

I am doing everything right (eating healthy, exercising everyday, etc) but I keep getting outbreaks more frequently than i ever have before!! I don’t know why and I don’t know what to do so if anyone has any advice on how to figure out the issue or get them less frequently please comment or message me!! :)

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing such painful out breaks!

Have you talked to your doctor about it?

If you haven't, it might be a good idea to ask about suppression medicine like valacyclovir.

If you're doing everything else, that's really great and you should definitely keep it up. The good news is that as time goes on the frequency and severity should reduce.

If your immune system is compromised, H will always win. I had to take high doses of valtrex to move on and stabilize and now take it twice a day.

Took my 5 months to get here of consistent and sometimes rather high med dose.

Suppressive won't hinder, only support your immune system. It's worth it... then after 6-12 months maybe try going off and see what happens. Taking daily pills suck and I hated adding two more - but such is my path!

• 1 month later...
If your immune system is compromised, H will always win. I had to take high doses of valtrex to move on and stabilize and now take it twice a day.

Took my 5 months to get here of consistent and sometimes rather high med dose.

Suppressive won't hinder, only support your immune system. It's worth it... then after 6-12 months maybe try going off and see what happens. Taking daily pills suck and I hated adding two more - but such is my path!

Hey Sunset, when you say rather high med dose, what was the highest you took a day? Valtrex seems to help, but doesn't make it go away completely. I wonder if I need to add a bit more. I am currently taking 500mg twice a day. I did read somewhere that some people took up to 3000mg a day to get rid of symptoms.