• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Mild outbreak? Please answer someone out there...

How can I know if I'm having an outbreak? Mine are mild so far. And I think every tingle and discomfort is an outbreak. How can I protect someone if I don't know I'm having an outbreak? So far, I THINK mine have felt like yeast infections. When I had one, before diagnosis, I used Monistat and they went away. So maybe it was a yeast infection? IDK. This is all so confusing. I was diagnosed about a month ago and I don't know yet how to take care of this. Thank you so much for your time.

I'm almost a year from diagnosis and mine have always been mild. My doctor told me that I could have a fairly mild strain of the virus. I either hadn't had an outbreak or it was so mild I didn't notice before I was diagnosed. My exposure occurred anywhere from two to six months before I got my test results.

It's different for everybody. You'll just have to figure out yours in time. Pay attention to what could be triggering them for you. For me, it's stress. For some, it's diet or hormonal changes, lack of sleep.

In the meantime, welcome to the fold. This forum can be a great resource. I was here multiple times a day for my first few months.